Overwhelmed by all those functions on your GPS or chart plotter? Want to use your tablet or smartphone to help you navigate on your boat? Interested in using a desktop computer program to plan your cruise and then copy that information to your GPS? This course covers the topics you need and want to know.
- Navigating by establishing waypoints and routes
- Running the planned courses
- Electronic charting software for the desktop computer
- Tablet and smartphone apps that provide the electronic navigation function at the helm
- Hands-on exercises on a PC that simulates GPS functions
- Using charting software and a chart plotter emulator
- Overview of the Automatic Identification System (AIS)
This course is usually completed in eight two-hour sessions, followed by an exam.