AMERICA'S BOATING COURSE
America's Boating Course gives you the knowledge to decide what type and size boat you need, what to do when meeting another boat in a crowded waterway, and how to recognize and handle hazards. Become a more competent boater, learn from the best, take America's Boating Course today.
This course can be taken as a classroom course or as an interactive, web or PC-based home study course for people whose schedule and obligations would make it difficult to attend a classroom course.
Many boat insurance companies will offer discounts on boating insurance to boaters who successfully complete America's Boating Course. And, this beginner boating class will give you the knowledge needed to obtain a boat license or safety certificate in many states.
- Types of boats and their uses
- Boating laws, both local and national
- Safety equipment, both required and recommended
- Finding your way, and adverse conditions
- Trailering, knots and lines, and water sports topics
- Optionally, introduction to navigating using digital and paper charts